Dr. Mahendra Narwaria is one of the pioneers of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India, with the windexealth of more than a decade of experience in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology.
A post-graduate in General Surgery from B J Medical College, Ahmedabad in 1996, he trained in Surgical Gastroenterology at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow
Dr. Mahendra Narwaria is an invited faculty for a number of national and international conferences and workshops on Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgery.
He is also associated as faculty with prestigious National conferences including Indian Association of Surgical gastroenterology (IASG), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), International College of surgeons (ICS), Association of Minimal access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Obesity surgery Society of India (OSSI), All India Association of Advancing Research in Obesity (AIAARO), Indian Association of Gastro-Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES) and many more.
He is presently:
- Director: Asian Bariatrics & Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
- President : Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- President : Asian Metabolic Society (AMS)
- Vice President: All India Association of Advancing Research in Obesity (AIAARO)
- President: Association of Ahmedabad Surgeons
- Visiting Faculty: Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education (EISE) Mumbai
- Endosurgery Task Force (Covieden), Sanghai (China)
- Executive Board Member: Indian Association of Surgical gastroenterology (IASG)
- General council Member: International federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Credentialing committee Member (Asia Pacific Bariatric centres): International federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO).
He has been a: (International Faculty)
- 8th World Congress of Obesity Surgery (IFSO-2005), at Maastricht (Netherlands)
- 1st World Congress for Interventional therapies for Type-2 diabetes, New York
- International Conference & Workshop of Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery, Alor Star, Malaysia.
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA), Hyderabad.
His enthusiasm for excellence and improved patient care prompted him to get trained with both national and international stalwarts in this field. Having performed more than 550 laparoscopic bariatric procedures, he regularly trains laparoscopic surgeons and as a faculty through live demonstrations during workshops and conferences. His brilliant contribution has fascinated the media and he has been interviewed a number of times by the leading TV channels and leading national dailies, particularly for awareness regarding the detrimental health issues with obesity and its solutions.